Sunday, September 23, 2007

Monday, September 17, 2007


I left Rhonda's house at about 8:15 in the morning. Rhonda gave me an alternate route to get into Marysville from the Sacramento area so I would miss traffic. I stopped for breakfast in the town of Lincoln for some breakfast and frankly, to kill time. I couldn't check in to the ride until after 10:00 am.


I found my way in Marysville to Highway 20 which would lead me in the direction of Dobbins. Fortunately, the place we were staying, Lake Francis Resort, had wonderful directions on their web site. I found myself riding on beautiful roads and saw several deer along the way.


I made my way to Lake Francis Resort and there was the Mother Ship...Gin & Sue's RV. Turns out, I was the first one to arrive and get registered! I found my way to the cabin I would call home for the next week. It was very nice with 2 sleeping areas (bunk beds) and a bathroom. My fear was that there would not be a bathroom in the cabin and I'd have to walk through the woods to use a bathroom! There would be 3 of us sharing this cabin, but since I was the first to arrive, I got to pick my bunk. I staked my claim and went back to unload the bike. As I was unloading the bike, I met one of my roommates, HellDog, who rides with the Sisters of Scota WMC. My other roommie was a Sister of Scota named Top Shelf. 2 very nice people who I was happy to have as roommates. After a brief nap, I went to the mandatory riders orientation where the staff went over riding rules (stagger formation, etc.), gave us our goodie bags and introduced ourselves.
Throughout the day, riders were arriving. After dinner, the opening ceremonies were held and I knew this would be a very emotional week.

No comments: