Sunday, September 23, 2007

Wednesday, September 19, 2007



This morning is a bit colder than yesterday morning. Today we were riding for the survivors of breast cancer. Our first stop was in the town of Challenge, which was very fitting for the theme of this ride. All riders were given pink postcards that they could mail to family/friends. The Postmaster in Challenge donated breast cancer stamps to all of the riders and cancelled each stamp with the city of Challenge as the post mark.



After Challenge, we headed to a ghost town near North Bloomfield. We had lunch and then the Medallion pass ceremony. To my surprise, I was asked to carry the Ring of Memory part of the Medallion. When presented with the Medallion during the ceremony, I was asked to state why I was participating in this adventure. I said that I was riding in memory of my friend Donna's Mom, Gerry Hagerman, who lost her battle with breast cancer at the age of 38...two years younger than me.

The temperatures of the day were quite cool and very windy. I was beginning to realize that I did not pack warm enough clothes for this trip! After going a tour through the General Store and Drug Store, we headed to the town of Rough & Ready for ice cream. By the time we arrived at Rough & Ready, it was far too cold for ice cream! Fortunately, we found some hot chocolate and defrosted our frozen fingers.

Tonight after dinner was to be the bike show. However, just after dinner, it started to rain. Judging of the bike show was postponed until the next morning.

2 comments:

Tandra said...

JEN!! This is wonderful! Im going to share your blog with my friends!

roxtar said...

Hi aunt jen love your blog! i have one too. Halo