Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday, September 16, 2007

At 7:15 am, I got astride my 2004 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic motorcycle that I call Magilla, to start on a 1,700 mile journey. The day was a bit cool to start off with, but I had checked weather.com and it assured me that it would be in the mid 80's. Important safety tip...never believe weather.com.

My first night's destination was in Sacramento at my friend Rhonda's home. I met Rhonda a few years ago and she is also a lady who rides. She is not only a friend, but a sister to me. It was approximately 400 miles from my house to Rhonda's. When I reached my first gas stop in Tehachapi, I was a bit cold, but figured it would warm up as the day progressed. By Fresno, I was still cold. I finally warmed up about 10 miles from Rhonda's house. Figures.

I arrived at Rhonda's at about 2:30 pm and her boyfriend, Dennis, was there as well. We got caught up on the latest happenings and then some other friends, Steve and his girlfriend Amanda, came over and we had a wonderful dinner. Dennis & Rhonda cooked up some very tasty giant prawns, beef ribs, corn & potatoes. Steve made a wonderful cheesecake for dessert.

After great food and fun conversation, I was beat. I headed off to bed, very excited about starting the Pony Express tomorrow.

No comments: